What better way to start the New Year with a nomination for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
For those who don’t know the purpose of the Sunshine Blogger Award, it’s given to a blogger that is inspirational through their positivity and creativity in the blogging community.
A big thank you to Rina who nominated me for this award. You can find her blog here for lifestyle posts along with some inspiration.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
My answers to Rina’s questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
While living in Germany, I had spent the entire 3 years traveling around Europe. I began skimming through all of my pictures one day and decided that I needed a place to put them, along with the memories and experiences I had.
2. Why do you think you deserve this award?
Truthfully, I don’t truly feel like I deserve any awards because the bloggers that I’m surrounded by absolutely blow my mind! Their content, stories and experiences are untouchable & so unique. For me, I hopefully have some content that would inspire some people, whether that be in life or traveling.
3. Describe yourself in three sentences.
I’m pretty bad at describing myself but here goes:
I really am kind to everyone that I cross paths with. I try to spread positivity no matter the circumstances. I’m a firm believer that if something makes you happy then go for it and don’t let anybody else tell you any different (something I’ve learned to live by in my adulthood).
4. Is blogging a serious part of your life?
Blogging is such a huge part of my life. I have been working my tail off trying to create amazing content that others would love and it seems like since I started blogging I can never think/focus on anything else. It’s always, ‘Ohh, I should write about that’ or ‘I have to capture this moment for my blog!’ Funny how that works when you start down this journey.
5. What are you most afraid of?
Not finding my purpose in life and/or failing.
6. What is your proudest accomplishment?
Receiving my Master’s Degree with honors. I worked 14-16 hours a day for 2 years for that degree.
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years from the blogging perspective?
I truly hope I can become a real influencer & show people how amazing our world is and how it’s there to be discovered.
8. Which book has influenced you in a positive way and why?
Honestly, I don’t really read; I have ADD like crazy and will read an entire chapter then look back ask ask myself ‘what the heck did I just read?’ Apparently my mind wanders too much. BUT, I will say that the “5 Love Languages” really struck me. It’s all about finding you and your partner’s love language. It helps you realize why he or she may not be reciprocating feelings because in reality, you’re actually not speaking their love language.
9. What inspires you?
Seeing the good in the world and seeing people shine despite any adversities they’re facing.
10. Who are your three favorite bloggers?
This is an easy one for me!
#1:When I first stumbled upon Beth
Sandland, I literally binge-read her entire site for 2 hours straight. I’ve never witnessed another blogger resonate their voice through their writing as much as she can. Everything I read by Beth makes me want to scream “Yaaaas, girl!” She says things that I think but don’t know how to put into words and she is just SO real! I think that’s what makes her such an amazing, talented blogger.
Another favorite of mine is Bee (QueenBeady). I discovered her in my first week of blogging and just fell in love with her brand. Even though she had a massive amount of social media followers, she still gave me the time of day when I would try and interact with her, which I found so flippin’ inspiring. Bee has this iconic matte photo look that can be recognized by any of her fans. Through her posts, you just feel this amazing sense of surety, maturity, like she’s just so proud to be herself, something I can definitely look up to. Her posts are versatile and relatable and she was the blogger that made me realize I don’t just have to focus on one niche; I can write about anything and everything and still be successful.
April, the Travelling Wanderer is another fav of mine. As a fellow travel blogger, she takes things to a whole new level with her #vanlife and spontaneous trips to various places. Her site is spectacular and was completely designed by her. I may be biased because she’s one of my best blogging pals but she just has this amazing brand, a wanderer going through life, and taking some spectacular pictures along the way.
11. What is one useful blogging tip you would suggest to new bloggers?
Don’t get discouraged. Growth doesn’t happen overnight.
My Questions for You All:
- What brought you into the blogging world?
- What are your personal goals for 2018?
- Where’s your hometown?
- What’s your favorite food to binge-eat?
- If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
- If you had to strictly be a photographer or a writer, which would you choose?
- What’s your blogging end-game? What do you want out of your blog?
- Top 3 Bloggers and go!
- If you could only write about one specific category on your blog, what would you pick?
- Coffee or tea?
- What inspires you the most?
Can’t wait to read your answers!