I’m so excited to be nominated for another Blogger’s award!
I was nominated by Something So True for The Mystery Blogger Award! You can find her blog here, where she writes about beauty, lifestyle, travel & some personal thoughts!
The Rules are as follows:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer the questions you were asked
- Nominate 10 – 20 people & notify
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Things About Me
1) I recently lived in Germany for 3 years where I was able to visit a mere 20 countries! Before that time, I had never left the United States.
2) I have both a Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree. My Bachelor’s is in Public Policy, majoring in Criminal Justice and my Master’s is in Organizational Leadership.
3) My husband’s job has now sent us to Northern California, where we’ll be for the next 2-5 years. Hoping to be able to live in Italy next!
1.What’s makes you, YOU. How do you stand out from everyone else?? *Self Love Moment*
I’d have to say my perseverance and passion is what makes me. I am quite a perfectionist and when I have a task at hand I put my all into it until it’s finished to my standards. I think I stand out from everyone else because I can put an original mix onto things that may have been covered multiple times before.
2. If you could change anything by the power of blogging what would it be and why?
With the power of blogging I’d like to change the stigmas around many taboo subjects. While I don’t write about them often, I’m not afraid to talk about things that some people may be too shy to cover. Examples of this is how marijuana can help someone’s mental health or disability and the millions of women affected by endometriosis yet not recognized as having a disabling disease.
3. What’s your favorite restaurant dish you’ve eaten this year?
STEAK! Vegetarians are probably shunning me right now but I love steak so much and we recently discovered a local restaurant near us that cooks a filet mignon to perfection!
4. What made you decide that blogging was for you?
In my 6 years of post-graduate education, writing was always my favorite subject. It’s funny because, when deciding on a major, I focused on what could make me the most money when I should’ve been focusing on what I’m passionate about. After traveling Europe for a couple of years, I decided I’d give it a try and I haven’t looked back since!
5. What’s your funniest holiday/traveling story? Tell me your destination & tale.
Oh my, I have so many of these stories! I’m going to tell two that stick out the most to me.
The first was on Paros Island in the Cyclades. We had just spent the entire day traveling; we flew from Crete into Athens, walked 13 miles to the Piraeus port then hopped on a 4.5 hour ferry ride to Paros. Upon arrival, our host for our AirBnb picked us up at the port and took us back to where we were staying. He wanted to give us a tour and show us how to access the private beach before we went to bed. It was pretty late at night and really dark when we went walking down some gravel using only the flashlight on our phones. Stupid me, I thought I went down all of the steps but nope, I tripped completely and fell flat on my face. The funniest part about it is my husband says I didn’t make a sound. I fell so hard and our host that was walking in front of us didn’t even turn around because I must have done it so gracefully! We still laugh so hard about that.
The other was when my husband and I were on a road trip to Garmisch-Partenkirchen, which is a town in the Alps. The drive was supposed to take us 4 hours but turned into more like 7. Our navigation wasn’t working and we had no phone service so we couldn’t use Google Maps. The highway we were on had a detour so we got off in the middle of nowhere. It was pitch dark and snowing so hard, we had no clue where we were or how to get to the resort we were staying at. We were on narrow, winding roads and couldn’t even see 10 feet in front of us because of the thick snow. My husband decided he had to use the bathroom (must be nice to be a guy) so we pull over on the side of the road and, once our eyes started adjusting to the dark, we realized we were in front of one of the most beautiful small lakes surrounded by monstrous snowy Alps. We couldn’t believe it! I have no idea where that spot was and how we got there, and I’ll probably never see it again, but we were just so tired and ready to get to our destination we were giggling about it as we got back on the road and finally made it to the resort.
My 10 Nominees:
My Questions For My Nominees
- What is your favorite trait/characteristic about yourself?
- How long have you been blogging and what brought you here?
- Do you have any pets?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- (The Funny Q:) If you could kiss any celebrity under the mistletoe, who would it be?
Link to My Best Post
I don’t know if I would say it’s my BEST post but it’s definitely my favorite because of all the memories I have associated with it!